Thrive is looking for essays related to art and culture. Our goal is to document art practices, collectives, and other art initiatives in the Philippines, especially those which are in the peripheries of the visible art scenes in the country.
After the publication of the article on the website, we will offer a P1,000/submission regardless of word count. We will include a bio box for each of the content we publish and an author page that your can link to your social media profiles and include in your cv.
– The submission must be original. The submission must have a unique angle and contributes fresh ideas to the current discussion. We accept submissions that have been previously published as long as there is no conflict with the previous publication or publisher.
– Relevant to our audience. Read the previous posts that we published in order to get a view of our audience We recommend interviews with artists and cultural workers, reviews of regional literature, and think-pieces about issues surrounding art and culture.
– Brevity is key. Most of our content does not run above 1,000 words. Make your submission more in-depth and thought-out. Although we encourage 500-800 words, we are also willing to publish long reads as long as the message you want to communicate is important.
– Help us engage with our audience. We encourage our contributors to post the published material on their social media accounts as well as professionally engage with the comments section. Help us build the conversation.
– Content rights. Thrive does not own the rights to the material/s submitted.
Note: We will only accept submissions through the Google form below.